Choose from 3 Types of Gas Burning Hearth Appliances
Gas fireplaces & stoves are a favorite with homeowners, providing a convenient way to enjoy roaring fires when it’s cold outside. Whichever type you choose, the gas fireplaces and gas burning stoves of today have an authentic look, require minimal cleanup, and can provide warmth on wintry days. Choose between a zero clearance (ZC) gas fireplace, a gas fireplace insert, and a free-standing gas stove.
ZC Gas Fireplaces
Zero-clearance fireplaces make it possible to enjoy a fireplace in small spaces, and there are many other benefits which make this type of gas fireplace an ideal option for any home. These pre-manufactured appliances can safely be placed either directly against or within two inches of combustible materials, such as wood, paneling, or sheetrock. Without the need for a buffer zone, you can find a spot for a ZC gas fireplace in just about any room. Other benefits include:
- No need to pay for expensive masonry work to protect combustibles from the heat that the gas fireplace produces.
- Installation can be achieved quickly and with minimal hassle, especially as compared with other heat sources.
- The ambiance of a pleasant fireplace can be enjoyed in your coziest spaces.
- ZC gas fireplaces provide more heat than traditional fireplaces and have efficiencies of up to 70%.
- There are traditional styles and distinctly different modern styles available.
- Some models have efficiency in mind more than aesthetics, with heavy cast-iron doors instead of glass doors.
Gas Fireplace Inserts
Does your existing fireplace need to be rebuilt or renovated? Either way, the work involved amounts to major structural changes that are expensive and disrupt everyday household routines. Gas fireplace inserts, on the other hand, provide an energy efficient and cost efficient way to upgrade your traditional fireplace.
A fireplace insert amounts to an upgrade in your heating system. The insert gives the added benefit of additional insulation, which provides the ability to warm the room more efficiently as opposed to most of the heat being lost up the chimney.
Your fireplace upgrade that is achieved with a fireplace insert will also reduce the amount of your energy bills. A more efficient heating system naturally means lower energy costs.
As an additional bonus, gas fireplace inserts provide an environmentally friendly heat source.
There are many stylish and beautiful models of fireplace inserts, and you can find one that will match your décor.
The following are some reasons to have a fireplace insert installed in your home:
- If your chimney is in disrepair and requires a rebuild or renovation before you can safely use it.
- If your firebox needs to be replaced.
- If your fireplace has missing or loose bricks.
- If there are cracks in your chimney.
Free-Standing Gas Stoves
A gas stove has an appearance similar to a wood stove. The gas logs provide a realistic simulation of wood-burning but without having to bother with cutting, stacking, and storing firewood. A gas stove is a remarkable convenience and can be turned on with a thermostat, the flip of a switch, or with remote control.
Contact our chimney professionals for help selecting a gas appliance and for installation and maintenance. Installation by a pro is essential, to ensure the safety and efficiency of gas appliances.
Northeastern Chimney, Inc
37 Cody Street, West Hartford, CT 06110