A Thorough Spring Cleaning includes a Chimney Cleaning and Inspection
After being cooped up in the house for most of the winter, a spring cleaning is a great way to celebrate the changing of the seasons. When you get your indoor space thoroughly cleaned and free of clutter, it rejuvenates the simple joy of being home. But if you have a fireplace, spring cleaning isn’t complete until you’ve had your chimney cleaned and inspected.
Springtime is actually the perfect time to get your chimney cleaned for a number of reasons, including:
• After using your fireplace, there is a buildup of creosote in the chimney. As the weather gets warmer, the deposits in the chimney and fireplace can create a sour odor that seeps into your home. Once a professional chimney sweep has cleaned your sooty chimney, you can count on having a home that smells fresher.
• If water gets in the chimney, the moisture coupled with the creosote can cause corrosion of the flue liner which leads to the need for costly repairs.
• It’s entirely possible that winter weather and the use of your chimney have caused damage which needs to be repaired. The sooner you learn about the damage, the more time you have to get repairs done before the next cold season rolls around.
• Most people wait until fall to schedule their annual chimney cleaning, which means that chimney sweeps are often overbooked. If you want your professional chimney sweep to have plenty of time to do a thorough job and to answer any questions you may have, the best time to schedule your chimney cleaning is springtime. An additional bonus is that there’s a much better chance you can schedule the cleaning at a time that’s convenient for you.
If you haven’t talked yourself into giving your home and chimney a good spring cleaning, the following are some convincing benefits:
• When you go home to an environment that’s clean and uncluttered, your life is less stressed. And did you know that stress is the cause of numerous health problems?
• Your creative juices are more likely to be released in a spick-and-span home environment.
• When everything has been put in its place, you waste a lot less time looking for the things you need.
• While in the process of cleaning, you could find things that were misplaced, such as a stash of gift cards you got for Christmas.
• There’s a great sense of accomplishment that comes with a bona fide spring cleaning.
It doesn’t matter at what stage of your spring cleaning that you schedule an appointment with a chimney sweep. If you call one of our professionals, you can count on your chimney being thoroughly inspected and cleaned, with no mess of any kind being left behind.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) states that an annual cleaning of your chimney, fireplace, and vents is very important, for safety reasons. Be sure to get your chimney cleaned annually, whether in springtime, summer, or fall.
The great feeling which only comes with a good spring cleaning is even better when the chimney is soot-free and the fireplace is thoroughly swept.
Northeastern Chimney, Inc
37 Cody Street, West Hartford, CT 06110